Thursday, August 16, 2012

Now ever since I can remember I been poppin' my collar

If you're a frat bro or Three Six Mafia fan, I apologize(not really) if my post has mislead you. But while you're here you might as well read the rest of this entry, you jerk! (Wait...WAIT... don't leave I need someone[excluding my mom] to read this!!!)
                                 superfluous collars= mad chicks?? Is that the science?

B.Y.O.C
(Bring your own collar, was it obvious?  Was it UTTERLY necessary for me to explain that? Can I get on with this post already?...)
I don't know about you guys, but I am lovin' this trend. In the past the most attention I paid to the collar was the style and shape (i.e. bib, mandarin, peter pan.) Not once did it dawn on me to change the color,embellish, let alone wear a collar it on its own.
now is this Trend Forecasting or what??

 Now I am an advocate of taking a few key items and stretching those bad boys into a plethora of outfits. Accessories are easy, effortless options to do so.
The best part about this trend is the versatility and accessibility of the look:


DIY:
 Bedazzle, spike, stud ( I KNOW studs and spikes are ubiquitous in my world & this blog, I'm sorry that I'm not sorry!)


You can purchase these at any price,  range, typically ranging from $10, all the way up to HUNDREDS, nay THOUSANDS of dollars


Delfina Delettrez Collar Shirt Diamonds Pave Necklace ( $89,124 )

UM girlfriend, if you are whipping out 89 G's on a collar, maybe its time to sit and reflect your life and its choices...

 If you are sitting there screaming at your computer, "RENEE WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE"....first I want to say 
 A:  Stop screaming at your computer- you're alienating yourself from the office, human life, and so forth..
 B: You are absolutely correct... who am I to judge, ain't MY money...

And on that note I leave you with the gem

Waka Flocka Flame -- Check Out My $100,000 Muppet

now THAT'S money well spent



     Until next time, 
       Go Style & Prosper






6 comments:

  1. I believe you have just created a new industry category... the embellished collar worker. That is to say; those who work to live freely and fabulously.

    I must acknowledge the truancy of bias....mostly because of my deep affection for nonconformism.

    Long Live Androgyny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're onto something!!!!!
      I must say you have such an aptitude for writing and everything you say sounds so eloquent!!!

      Delete
  2. amazing blog babe!! you always make me giggle so much! Lovely! so easy to read :) keep letting me know when you post new stuff!!! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elle you're such a sweet heart! I IMMENSELY appreciate you reading!

      Delete
  3. Just the other day someone said to me ... "Didn't you read about it on Renee's blog" ... I did. :)

    ReplyDelete